Just thinking today about the goodness of God. I know that circumstances are not always good. In fact, bad things happen to good people. But Jesus gave us a promise that I try to remember in those hard times.
I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have [perfect] peace and confidence. In the world you have tribulation and trials and distress and frustration; but be of good cheer [take courage; be confident, certain, undaunted]! For I have overcome the world. [I have deprived it of power to harm you and have conquered it for you.] John 16:33 (Amplified)
Jesus knew that we would face trials, stress, distress and frustration, and yet He gave us something to hold onto during those moments. He said:
- You can have My perfect peace and confidence no matter what you are facing.
- Take courage in Me even though you feel weak and afraid and uncertain.
- I overcame and conquered the world in order that you can overcome.
- I have deprived the world of power to harm you.
- That’s a word we need to hold on to daily. And remember that even though circumstances may not be good, we serve a good God. That is a fact, a constant in our lives that we can always depend on.
God is filled with goodness for you. Psalms reminds us of that. I remain confident of this: I will see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. The Bible says further that goodness and mercy will follow us all the days of our lives. (Psalm 27:12-14, 26:3)
I encourage you to take a look behind you throughout your day today and thank God you are being followed!